10.18.2004

Monday, October 18th, 2004

Well, today is my last day in Çankiri. I feel a little weird about it. Ankara shall be awesome I’m sure, but the relationships here will be tough to sever. Not that I’m really cutting them off, but distance does have an effect on things. It’s like starting over again. In many ways it will be nice: the city is great, lots to do, more English speaking friends to meet, language classes, visits to fascinating places. So ya, we’ll see what happens. The transition will be tough though.

Today I gave two presentations: one on CCID and the other on Goshen College. It was fun and weird all at the same time. Both were to groups of administrators at Çankiri College, including Prof. Dr. Balci, the head honcho guy. He was very receptive and happy, so I guess things went well. I’m just glad that it’s over with.

In Ankara I’ll be doing things like attending a Turkish language institute, visiting governmental agencies and NGOs, taking field trips, meeting students, and who knows what else. It should be a really nice time. I’ll be living in a privately run, very nice dormitory, so hopefully that lives up to its reputation. There will be students there, which will be very nice. More friends!

All I have left to do in Çankiri is pack my things and say my goodbyes (for now). I’ll write more when I get to Ankara.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog search directory

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter