12.19.2004

Sunday, December 19th, 2004

London is a wonderful city. London is an expensive city. I think I’m getting culture shock here, and it’s all about the money. I’m used to eating for a dollar a day in Turkey. Here in London, I’ve already spent over $100. That is really scary. I am now accepting donations for my Christmas holiday. So, family members and friends, please go to PayPal and send payments to me! You will not regret it, and I promise not to spend it all on beer here. Make my Christmas a happy one!

So, now that I’m done groveling for money, what have I been up to? Well, not much really. We’ve just been wondering around a lot and visiting different places that I used to spend time in. Two days ago Leah and I went to Covent Garden and had some nice dinner, looked for gifts for her family, and wondered about. We ended up hanging out in a pub for the rest of the evening and chatting about all sorts of things. Yesterday we went out to the Camden markets, where I ate tons of noodles with tasty toppings (so cheap!) and, once again, wondered about. I love this place! Now today we’ve been chilling, and we also snarfed the obligatory fish ’n chips for lunch (now my tummy hurts). It’s interesting to be back and see all the changes that have occurred here. I like London a lot. I wonder if I could live here? I mean semi-permanently. It’s an alluring idea, but who knows. There’s a lot in the US for me also.

Anyway, some news… I’m in touch with my friend Andi Curran, who wants me to come see him in Switzerland! So perhaps I’ll be flying over there in early January. This is another reason why I need cash gifts! I’ll be heading down to Wiltshire in a few days to see the family. So I’m thinking there are promising things ahead for me.

2 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Simon. Soo, ah. You gonna come over and see me or what? I've got 100 cans of Boddingtons (I jest you not) and Star Wars DVDs just waiting for you.

Later

Andi

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIMONE!!! You haven't posted for awhile!!!! under the weather? hehehe, anyone just wonder your plans and if your doing well with the fam. See you soon. I will be arriving on the 5th or 6th never know with the time change but I leave in the morning of the 5th so that should still be the 5th when I get there. (too much eggnog, hence the babble)anyway give me a call or email soon! MUAH! Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog search directory

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter