10.25.2004

Friday, October 22nd, 2004

Mmmm… today for lunch I had a chicken donor kebab and ayran (yogurt drink) at a café close to where I live. Total cost: 1,250,000 lira or about $0.85!!! Man… I love cheap food!!! I even gave them a good tip, just because I felt guilty for having such a nice meal at less than a dollar.

Today was my last official day at the EU Research Center. I was sad and my friends there were as well. I think that if some of my later visits are crappy, I’ll just skip out a go back to the center! It’s a great place for working, and everyone is very kind. Plus, one of the research assistants is a complete babe and seemed to like me!!! Hahaahaha… I don’t think I could handle anything like that, but it’s nice just the same.

Went to Volga’s for dinner tonight. It was yum: pide (like really thin crust pizza), some tasty macaroni stuff with spinach and mushrooms, and of course çorba (soup) and çay! So nice. One of his friends came over and we watched a bootleg copy of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Wow, what a movie. I loved the crazy memory shred way in which the thing is filmed. Such a great idea. And Jim Carrey is awesome when he’s not being goofy and funny. A much better role for him. Now I want to see the Man on the Moon thing he did about Andy Kaufman (sp?). Neeto.

I don’t know what I’ll do tomorrow. Perhaps hang out with Süleyman or go see some sights. My time here is funny. Like I keep saying. Also, I need to do laundry. All the important things. Ugh. I’m fearing that my writings are becoming quite mundane and annoying. Please bear with me if there are any of you left. It’ll get better once I settle in a bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog search directory

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter