3.14.2005

Monday, March 14th 2005

Well, today is my birthday. It’s been 24 glorious years… thanks to all for the presents, messages, and flames. I appreciate it all.

Since Monday night is not very convenient for partying when you have to work the next day, we decided to have a birthday celebration on Friday night. So after a lovely dinner at Ebru’s house, I went to the Olta Bar with Hasan, Mustafa Bir, Mustafa Iki, and Ebru. There was a great band playing traditional “art” music, and the beer was cheap and plentiful! We stayed until midnight or so, drinking, laughing and generally enjoying ourselves.

There was even a surprise birthday cake! I also received some gifts: a nice collection of combs. My hair has been a running joke here (some people think it’s a little unruly). Everyone conspired and bought combs for my presents, so now I have one for each day of the week. I even used one today. It felt weird.

We ended the night by walking along the coast, back to Ebru’s house. I finally got dropped off at my place and into my bed by about 3 am. Quite a night! My first birthday in Turkey…



This photo is of me making a rude Turkish gesture. Unfortunatley it was blocked by an overzealous (and probably tipsy) Hasan, so it has to be left to your imagination.



And here’s one of us walking back to Ebru’s house. From left to right: Mustafa Bir, me, and Mustafa Iki. Bir is Turkish for one, and iki is two. Since they are both Mustafas, this is the easiest way!

P.S. I realize that I look very stupid in these photographs. So please, no comments!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Sunthing Special said...

Hey youuu!Happy birthdayyyyyyy!Fiyuuuu!-Hmm i know its too late but remember,i m a snail:P,i m slow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog search directory

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter