11.11.2004

Sunday, November 7th, 2004

Tonight I went with my friend Mehmet to the cinema at the Migros shopping center. We saw Exorcist: The Beginning, or something like that. It was ok, a little gross at times but not too scary in my opinion. Mehmet, on the other hand, only slept for two hours that night because he was all freaked out about it! Brilliant…

I sleep too much on the weekends. It helps my health recover but then I can’t sleep at night. Like Sunday night, I couldn’t sleep at all. Seriously. I wanted to sooooo badly but just couldn’t. Sleeping pills would be very nice. Instead I just hung out with Mehmet and talked a bunch. He’s a great guy and a public finance student, so we can talk about nerdy economics things. Mehmet might be one of the most liberal people I’ve met in Turkey, which is really saying something. Sometimes people’s views just disturb me here, so it’s good to have someone that I can complain to and discuss different events with.

This next weekend is a holiday because Ramadan is finishing. Mehmet isn’t going home like most students do, so we’re going to go carousing around Ankara. It should be lovely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog search directory

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter