11.11.2004

Wednesday, November 10th, 2004

Well the week is moving along. Class at TÖMER (the language school) is kicking my butt. Turkish is hard. Man… and I thought Spanish had some difficult aspects. I’m now repenting every annoyance I ever had with that language. Being so frustrated with Turkish makes me want to get fluent in Spanish just so I can say “See! I can learn another language!” So there you go… I’ll try and give a basic rundown of Turkish sometime soon. Maybe I can prepare that during the holiday this weekend.

What have I been doing lately? I can’t even think… oh yeah! I have a new daydream, and it’s really funny. When I come back to the US I want to start teaching community education classes about geeky board gaming! It would be brilliant. Just one session evening classes that would happen maybe once a month. The goal would be to teach Americans about cool European board games and how there’s more to social life than just watching television. Games are for adults too! And they make us smarter and better people! Things like that… I guess I daydream about this since I can’t actually play all the nerdy stuff that I managed to partake in during the last school year. So who knows… maybe it’ll happen.

I realize that I’ve not updated you all on what I think and feel as of late, so I’ll try to do that very soon. But insight comes easier when it’s not midnight, so I’ll wait for another day.

Iyi geceler (goodnight)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog search directory

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter