1.24.2005

Sunday, January 23rd, 2005

So I’ve been back in Turkey for two days. And I’ve spent most of them asleep! It’s funny what I night of drinking in the Munich airport without sleep will do to your constitution. I got back to the dormitory about 5:30 pm Friday. Bed was immediate. I slept until about 10 am the next day, then decided to wander around Ankara for a while and reacquaint myself with the city. That lasted until about 3:00 pm. I then went back to bed and slept until noon today! I don’t know if it’s smart to sleep that much, but I did. Perhaps it’s my body fending of the stress of a transition… I don’t know.

Anyway, today I wondered over to the internet café and did some surfing and emailing. Afterwards I decided to give my friend Mehmet a call, just to see where he was. I figured he would be at home, since it is a holiday at the moment, but fortunately he was in Ankara! He came back to the dorms and we hung out until about right now. I asked him if anything at all happened while I was gone. But nothing had. I don’t know if I should be glad that I didn’t miss anything, or sad that it was so boring here while I was absent.

So let’s see, what to talk about. Well, I woke today to find tons of snow all over the place! Quite a contrast from the pretty decent weather I experienced in England and Switzerland. Oh, and I will write about Switzerland soon, but it’ll take a while to get it all down. I won’t attempt a day by day run through; I’ll just do the highlights. But it will be done!

Tomorrow I will go to Tandoğan and say hi to all my friends there, and leech off their high bandwidth. Hopefully I can get the Switzerland bit taken care of then.

I’m sorry I haven’t updated this thing at all, but time just slipped away from me. I promise that I will start doing semi-daily updates again now, so all twelve of you that actually read this (if you haven’t given up by now) can once again live vicariously through me.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simon!!

This is Justin from Iowa. I just put your name into Google and figured this page thing out. I thought that I would let you know that starting today you have one more person reading your posting, putting you at lucky number 13. Also, we are expanding Settlers to everyone that we can think of, and everyone who has tried it wants to play again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog search directory

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter